Ready to join AdSense? You need these two things to create an AdSense account:
A Google Account: If you’re using Gmail or any other Google service, you already have one. If not, you can create a Google Account when you create your AdSense account.
Your own content created from scratch: This can be your site, blog or other original content, as long as you’re the owner and it complies with the AdSense programme policies.
How to create your account
To create your AdSense account, follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.google.com/adsense/start.
- Click Sign up now.
- Enter the URL of the site that you want to show ads on.
Blogger, YouTube or other host partner
If your site is on one of our host partner sites (like Blogger or YouTube, among many others), you can complete these steps through your account there by clicking Continue in… after you enter your URL. Google will be able to set you up faster that way as host partner sites follow a different account creation process.
- Enter your email address.
- Choose whether you’d like AdSense to send you customised help and performance suggestions.
Google recommends that you choose Yes so that it can help you get more out of AdSense. You can change your contact settings later.
- Click Save and continue.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Select your country or territory.
- Review and accept the AdSense Terms and Conditions.
- Click Create account.
You’re now signed in to your new AdSense account.
What to do next
You might notice that some of the options in your new AdSense account are greyed out. That’s because there are a few tasks that you need to complete before Google can fully activate your account.
Activate AdSense account
After you create your AdSense account, you need to activate it so that you can shows ads on your site and earn money.
Your AdSense homepage has a list of tasks to complete before Google can activate your account:
- Connect your site to AdSense
- Enter your payment address details
- Verify your phone number (Not required in all countries.)
After you complete each task, click Done or Submit.
Upon completion, Google reviews your entire site to check that it complies with the AdSense programme policies and email you when your account is fully activated. This process usually takes less than a day but can take longer. Then you can set up ads on your site and start earning money.
Account activation tips
- Your site must be live and contain enough content for our specialists to evaluate. If your site is under construction, doesn’t load or is difficult to navigate, Google can’t activate your account.
- Make sure that you provided the correct URL when you created your AdSense account.
- Review your site to make sure that it complies with our policies.
Connecting your site
- Copy the code exactly as it appears on your AdSense homepage.
- On the site that you used to create your AdSense account, paste the code between the and tags of a page that has content and regular traffic.
- Enter your full name exactly as it appears on your banking information.
- Provide the full postal address of your bank account, including the zip code, so that you can get paid.
- Provide a valid phone number.
If Google can’t activate your account
If Google can’t activate your account, it’ll send an email to explain why and what steps that you can take to address the issues.