To be successful with Google ad AdSense, you need pages with unique content that’s relevant to your visitors and provides a great user experience. Google ad Adsense system has filters in place to keep advertisers’ ads from displaying on pages that could be interpreted as negative, non-family safe or potentially offensive.
Here are examples of negative and non-family safe or potentially offensive website pages:
- Adult content
- Adult themes in family content
- Dangerous or derogatory content
- Recreational drugs and drug-related content
- Alcohol-related content
- Tobacco-related content
- Gambling and games-related content
- Healthcare-related content
- Hacking and cracking content
- Pages that offer compensation programs
- Misrepresentative content
- Shocking content
- Weapon-related content
- Content that enables dishonest behavior
- Illegal content
If a site falls into one of these categories or Google system detects any other reason an advertiser might not want their ads on a website, Google ad Adsense system may classify that site’s content as sensitive.
If this happens to your site, Google ad Adsense system will try to display appropriate ads for your page.
For example, a news article related to a car accident might display ads related to driving safety instead of ads related to car sales. However, if it’s determined that Google system can’t display ads which are appropriate for a site’s sensitive content, then ad serving may be disabled.