After you create your AdSense account, you need to activate it so you can shows ads on your site and earn money. Your Google AdSense homepage has a list of tasks to complete before it can activate your account:
Connect your website to Google AdSense
Sign in to your AdSense account. Copy the code on your AdSense homepage. Paste the code into the HTML of your page, between the and tags. If you incorrectly entered the URL of your site when you created your AdSense account, click Edit Edit and update your URL.
Leave the Show ads as soon as account is activated box checked, unless you’d prefer to switch on the ads you want to show yourself after your account is activated. When you’ve finished, confirm you’ve pasted the code and click Done.
Enter your payment address details
To complete the AdSense activation process you need to provide your payment address details. It’s important that you enter this information correctly so that you can get paid. Sign in to your AdSense account.
Complete the following fields in the “Payment address details” card: Account type: Choose whether you want an “Individual” or a “Business” AdSense account. Click Submit.
Verify your phone number (Not required in all countries)
As part of Google effort to protect publisher accounts, Google ask that you provide a valid phone number when you activate your AdSense account. Google use phone number verification to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date. Sign in to your AdSense account.
In the “Verify your phone number” card, enter your phone number in international format. Choose whether you’d like to receive your verification code by text message or voice call. Click Get verification code. On the next page, enter the 6-digit verification code that Google sent you and click Submit. After you complete each task, click Done or Submit.
Upon completion, Google reviews your entire website to check it complies with the AdSense Program policies and email you when your account is fully activated. This process usually takes less than a day but can take longer. Then you can set up ads on your site and start earning money.
- Your site must be live and contain enough content for our specialists to evaluate. If your site is under construction, doesn’t load, or is difficult to navigate, Google can’t activate your account.
- Make sure you provided the correct URL when you created your AdSense account.
- Review your site to make sure it complies with Google policies.
Connecting your website
- Copy the code exactly as it appears on your AdSense homepage.
- On the site you used to create your AdSense account, paste the code between the and tags of a page that has content and regular traffic.
- Enter your full name exactly as it appears on your banking information.
- Provide the full postal address of your bank account, including the zip code, so you can get paid.
- Provide a valid phone number.
- If Google can’t activate your account
- If Google can’t activate your account, it’ll send an email to explain why and what steps you can take to address the issues.
If Google can’t activate your account, it’ll send an email to explain why and what steps you can take to address the issues.