To complete the AdSense activation process you need to connect your site to AdSense. Here’s how you do this:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Copy the code on your AdSense homepage.
- Paste the code into the HTML of your page, between the and tags
- (Optional) If you incorrectly entered the URL of your site when you created your AdSense account, click Edit Edit and update your URL.
- Leave the Show ads as soon as account is activated box selected, unless you’d prefer to switch on the ads that you want to show yourself after your account is activated.
NOTE: Make sure that you’ve placed the code on every page that you want ads to appear on once your site has been activated.
- When you’ve finished, confirm that you’ve pasted the code and click Finished.
Show ads as soon as your account has been activated
When you connect your site, you can choose to show ads as soon as your account is activated and start earning money from your content right away.
If you have visitors from the European Economic Area (EEA), you might want to untick this option to make sure that you’re complying with Google’s EU user consent policy. You can change your settings for serving ads to users in the EEA after your account is approved.
Provided you’ve added the code to your pages that you want to show ads on, you’re all set. Google will analyse your pages, find suitable ad placements, then automatically place the ads for you. AdSense system will choose the most suitable ads for your page type.
If AdSense can’t confirm the code is placed correctly on your site you’ll see a message on your AdSense homepage. Here are some things to check to help you fix connection issues.
The code is missing or incomplete
- Did you paste the code into the HTML of your site?
- Did you paste the code between the and tags?
- Did you paste the code into the site you used to sign up for AdSense?
Your site is unreachable
- Did you provide the correct URL when you created your AdSense account? If you made a mistake, you can click Edit Edit and update your URL.
- Is your site up and running? Make sure that your site is published and live on the web.
- Can AdSense access your site without a password? If your site’s login protected, consider temporarily removing the login so that we can reach your site. Note that after your account has been successfully activated, you can create a crawler login to display Google ads on your login-protected pages.