After your AdSense account is activated, it’s time for you to set up ads on your site. There are two ways to do this: Auto ads or ad units.
Auto ads are a fast and easy way for AdSense publishers to get up and running with ads.
Choose Auto ads if you’re looking for:
- Automation: Google works out which ads to show and where to show them, leaving you free to focus on creating great content.
- Simplicity: You control all the ads with the flick of a switch.
- Convenience: Auto ads work on mobile, tablet and desktop and provide good ad coverage on your pages.
Some things to be aware of with Auto ads:
- Auto ads are automatic, so Google will choose the most effective ad placements for your ads.
- Google will only show Auto ads when they’re likely to perform well and provide a good user experience.
Ad units are for AdSense publishers who want full control over the placement of their ads.
Choose ad units if you’re looking for:
- Control: Select from a range of ad types and ad sizes, and position your ads exactly where you want them to appear on your pages.
Some things to be aware of with ad units:
- Ad units are manual, so don’t forget to place them on all your pages where you want ads to show.
- Keep in mind that there are rules about where you can place ad units. It’s up to you to ensure that your ads comply with the AdSense programme policies.
- Some ad formats such as anchors and vignettes aren’t available for ad units.